Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Chrissie Shill

Dearest Leslie Bean
 I am so excited for you to give birth to your first child! He is so lucky to be coming into this world with two amazing parents! I have no doubt that you and Jesse will treat him so well. It brings such a huge smile to my face just imagining all of the wonderful adventures you will all share.
 Being a mother has brought my life more purpose than I could have ever imagined! My little family is more precious to me than gold! There isn’t anything that I wouldn’t do for my babies. They and their daddy are my world!
 I have learned over the years to enjoy each stage of life that they are in. Don’t ever wish away any time period. Remember that even the most difficult phases will pass. Be patient, be loving, be prayerful. I try to stay positive and encouraging with my kids. Be a good listener. One of the things that I have loved about my relationship with my kids is that share their thoughts and feelings with me. They know that they can come to me and their dad without judgement. There have been things that they have shared with us that I never would have felt comfortable talking with my parents about. It’s amazing. Keep the line of communication open.

 Write things down. Take pictures. Keep up with the printing of the pictures. Haha! I used to keep a regular blog. Life got way too busy and I stopped. I am sad that I did. Journaling special experiences and even the every day seemingly mundane stuff will one day be something that you will look back on with such fondness.
 Teach your baby about Heavenly Father and Jesus. I know that you will, but it makes such a difference in their young lives to have the knowledge of the gospel. Pray together, read scriptures, and live the gospel. Teach love and compassion.
 Read books together. Bedtime is such a wonderful part of the day. I’m telling you, the kids that have that special one on one time with their parents reading have such an advantage when they start school. Be a supportive and active parent in the school system. I have loved volunteering in the classroom. It helps so much in getting to know their peers, and it helps build a strong bond with their teacher.
 Most of all, just enjoy your sweet little baby.  There is nothing I have ever found to be more important than taking care of my beautiful children. They grow up so fast! It’s something that we have all heard over and over again, but it is so true. Just work hard at building your childs self esteem. Life is hard, and kids can be cruel. Let your home be a refuge from the storm.
 I love you so much Leslie! You are thoughtful and kind, and beautiful in every sense of the word. You have a fun sense of humor, you’re intelligent and talented. You will be a wonderful mother and have so much to teach and give! You married an incredible man and the two of you are doing great things! Enjoy this special time in your lives. Parenthood is a gift, and I know that you and Jesse will do an outstanding job!
      All my love,                Aunt Chrissie





No comments:

Post a Comment