Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Kennedy Hansen

Hi Leslie!!!

I’m so happy that you are getting to be a mom! I have no doubt in my mind that your baby will be LOVED.  He is so lucky to get a passionate, kind, funny mom. 
Being a mom is HARD.  But not hard in the ways you would expect.  It's weird like that.  I truly don't think anything can prepare you for this transition, but I do think there are some good things to keep in mind:

1. Keep loved ones close.  I know it's hard not being around family, but try to gather all the people in your life that make you happy, or can lend support and make them a part of your life as much as possible.  Having a newborn is isolating, so try and be proactive at doing things with others.
2.  Nothing is forever.  There will be nights that you will feel like you can't do it...and then you will have an amazing morning with the baby.  Sometimes it feels like it will never get easier, and then it does.  I promise!  Also to remember, that your baby is not going to be little forever. They don't stay babies for hardly at all.
3. Enjoy it.  Snuggle and kiss that baby to your heart's content.  There are so many methods for so many things, and I got caught up with them with Christian.  I missed out a lot with Christian because of it.  If you feel like holding your baby, hold them.  If you feel like rocking them to sleep, rock away.  You won't "ruin" it, and you will cherish all those moments you've had.

I sure love you.  Hope you feel free to call me ANYTIME.  That’s what sisters are for.


Love you! Kennedy


No comments:

Post a Comment