Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Eileen Thomas


Dear Leslie,
Congratulations on the soon-to-happen arrival of your beautiful baby boy.  There is nothing quite so amazing and miraculous as the birth of a baby.  I am thrilled for you and Jesse as you embark on this journey of parenthood. I have loved my time being the mother to our five children.  I have grown so much in this time and have found joys that I did not realize were waiting for me.  I have learned, and continue to learn, to relax and to just love each of my kids for who they are while also helping them to be their best selves. I have learned that it is a wonderful thing to love their beautiful imperfections, joy in their accomplishments, and be a giver of hope. Trust yourself, have confidence in your abilities, and be kind to yourself as you learn this beautiful new job of yours. Never forget about the power of humor.  Lean on the Lord; pray for strength and inspiration.  Enjoy the many sweet moments during this busy time in your life.  I have a cousin that once said about motherhood, "You give and give until you can't give any more...and then you give some more."  I have thought of this quote often--and it makes me giggle and sigh at the same time.  Deep breath!  It's your time to begin this most-wonderful adventure of motherhood.

Much Love and Well Wishes!!
Aunt Eileen Thomas


(This picture is of baby cousin Allison Thomas Gunn, her great-grandmother, and mother--me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment